Skip to main content

Spark + Magic = Love spell ??!!??!!

There was this talk going on in one of our extra-curricular sessions about 'RELATIONSHIPS'.
Well, a few talked about their friends and the kind of relationships they'd had in their past and the regular crap. And then rose a gentleman amongst us and started talking about spark, magic and all that. The obscureness in his speech interested me to a good deal and moreover I strongly agreed with what he told.

This is what he told[in my own words of what I could perceive] "All may tell the various reasons for their love, and why they liked their friends, but the fact is that there’s always this spark, or hidden magic that attracts people and make them fall in love or even friendship. The magic strings each other and builds the bond." [Seemed he'd been hit by a thunderbolt like what happened to Michael Corleone due to Appollonia Vitelli in Godfather ;)] And the person who was heading the conference did not agree with him[Of course he was counselor or somebody, he's by far older than us and could easily get the dig of what the youth think] OK be that as it may...

I believe that its true to some extent[out of a personal experience happened long back ;)], you may fall just like that, what happens at that time is that, once they’re attracted, everything starts to seem more than perfect. You get blinded by the spark and you don't often see the flaws.

Okay, let's take the example of beauty [I'm not against beauty or handsomeness, I do enjoy and relish on it], the lad may be 'super-handsome' or the girl 'extremely-beautiful' but for the lack of spark, he or she maybe romantically challenged. And there are some other cases where the lad or girl may be of average looks yet the effect they have on people is highly magical.[I hope this is what he meant] All depends on how you portray yourself.
Bottom line is, people see what you show them. They can't peep into whats going on on your minds. So the way you do things tell a lot about you. Thus we shouldn't expect people to speculate and guess what you want them to guess, it won’t happen. The thing is a relationship can start with that spark or momentary fancy but to endure for a longer term that certainly has to be fed with enough love and care.
On that day I too was called to talk, but I made a fool of myself by gibbering something which meant nothing to me.[ *Ugh* What was I doing??!!??]
P.S- This post may not clearly communicate the message, because I've scrambled it with my lame words. And I didn't generalize anything.

Comments

  1. I thoroughly agree with u..Wat we potray abt urself is wat u r to the world..U may look average..But u will be the centre of attraction!!SRK is a good example..And abt relationship and love..I still cannot find the definition of true love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love is not merely sparks dear..May be spark mite start it..But true love comes by entirely accepting ur partner flaws and all..All relationships needs maintenance..But true love is different..I is like old wine..grows richer with age

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is always the hidden magic, and the spark too, though they may be good starters, they play a subtle role when it comes 2 sustaining the relationship. I was reminded of an article I read in the Times of India website on how smart people are luckier in love.

    However I have too much of an electonegative mindset to notice spark or magic in any guy, but I'm always happy to comment and reflect on literature relating to such stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. if you dont mind, you could share your experience...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Lines:
    --->
    Bottom line is, people see what you show them. They can't peep into whats going on on your minds. So the way you do things tell a lot about you. Thus we shouldn't expect people to speculate and guess what you want them to guess, it won’t happen. The thing is a relationship can start with that spark or momentary fancy but to endure for a longer term that certainly has to be fed with enough love and care.
    <--

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Sudha

    True, love's definition is quite vague, Suds!!
    >>I is like old wine..grows richer with age
    Beautiful!!

    @ Deena
    Oh please, Deena!! don't tell me you're electronegative and all that...I've read your secret poems..[hehe]

    @Anonymous
    >>if you dont mind, you could share your >>experience...
    Share it with a complete stranger who'd not even reveal his/her identity?

    @balajihands
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Ramya, there's nothing secret about those peoms(those were purely imaginary), I've shared it with my friends and Mom too. I may write even 100 more poems like those, but I would never fall for a guy just for the sake of spark and magic or anything for that matter, hands down !

    ReplyDelete
  8. not for this stranger..to all those who read your blog..

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm I knew that,kidding is one thing all you people enjoy na.. and thanx for the wishes I 'll convey her :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Damn true Siso :) I can citations from t recent day reality shows :)
    Worth a read :) kudos for ur efforts in t manipulations involved in t innate nature :)

    Abt sharing t personal experience. Is that anonymous guy ready to do it ???

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simple, yet poignant lyrics (II)

I've got a knack of discovering pleasant songs, excellent movies, endearing books very late in time, sometimes even after it's fad fades away. One such song is Perunthil nee enaku... The beauty of this song is that it relates to some very simple, unnoticed but pleasing moments in a our day to day life. The duet is of two people who sing about  what they mean to each other. There are some cute imperfections in Madhushri's tamil pronunciation but the male singer makes up for all that. Duh! Why do I even have to annotate the lyrics? It speaks for itself. ;) Perunthil nee enaku jannal oram Pin vasal mutrathil ne tulasi madam Vidumurai natkalil pallikoodam Vilayattu pillaigalin chella kobam Aalilla nalliravil ketkum padal Anbe anbe neeye (hmmm....) Payanathil varugira siru thookam Paruvathil mulaikira muthal koocham Paritchaiku padikira athikalai Kazhuthinil vizhundhidum mudhal maalai Pughaipadam edukkayil thinarum punnagai Anbe anbe neethane Adai

Quote Wonderment (I)

I'm totally sick of examinations and stuff. World's worst stressors are exams. I've always had this opinion right from my childhood. Hmmm... So to get a break I was running through my old memories and thoughts. One such is the admiration for this quote, "Sometimes people are beautiful. Not in looks. Not in what they say. Just in what they are." --Markus Zusak The quote itself is amazing. Reminds me of so many things. And note that Markus Zusak's wonderful book called 'The Book Thief' which was a good read. Laziness blocks me from writing more. ;)

2 States - Oh please, no!

I don't know why I chose to read '2 States' over 'The Subtle Knife'. My copy of 'Subtle Knife' is sleeping in the shelf. I wish I had finished it off instead of reading this one. M' Okay let me tell why this book was so insipid, [beware of spoilers hehe!] Possible reasons why I picked up this book: 1. Thought it would be a light-read. 2. It involved IIM A 3. Curiosity to know the speciality of Tamil girls 4. Heard it is a slapstick comedy [ which is not, in any way] Top reasons why I disliked it: 1. Cliched plot with stale scenes. [Ithellam nanga 'Poovellam Kettupar' la ye pathutomm, Chetan!!] 2. Making fun of South-Indians went overboard. [where Punjabis were never hurt in any dialogues, a very feeble mocking was clear] 3. Nothing less than a Bollywood drama, too filmy! 4. Totally predictable. 5. Ananya herself [there're are a multitude of reasons to hate her, which I won't enumerate here] 6. The feeling of reading his p