Skip to main content

Badminton memories!!

Badminton, though it was not my cup of tea, I tried so hard to keep up my skills. Pavi is naturally blessed in it. I was chosen for the school team because I & Devi sprung a few surprises with the racquet in District games. Well, I'm not here to talk about the tournaments that I'd played[I could clear only the zonals, I was not-very-great-but-decent at it.] but the practice sessions we had had.

Bunked classes would equal the no. of attended classes. Despite of our English teacher Mrs. Glory's laments about our attendance every time we get a call from our PET Sir[I don't blame her, she's cared way too much for us] we were just desperate to bunk, adding a sting of jealousy to the rest of the classmates.

I could recollect...
The mixed doubles with Maharajan & Sarawin, which was so much fun because they went easy on us. And floppy games with Asha & Nisha(The Williams sisters of our school), the show-offs we do on the days of tournaments all dressed up for the games, the immense support we gave to Madhuvalan. The Veera sisters were very supportive too. We had cracked up laughing when Maharajan gave fake 'away' statements to a particular school girls when he was asked to keep a watch on the cock(which were well inside the courts), and so many more...

Even after we'd passed out Pavi was able to retain my name. [If she's reading this... weren't you, baby??] She brought laurels by winning at the State levels. Proud of ya!!

We had savoured every moment at the shuttle court. To my shock, it was renovated into a cycle stand when I last visited my school. How pathetic????

Bottomline - It was my beeping* game!
* you know what I mean.

Comments

  1. It was not a cal from games sir.. Normally naga devi wil request us to call her also while bunking classes. Hence we wil cal u also.. But most of the time naga devi would come as she belonged to A class.. But as B class are all padips it was tough to take u out
    2 question which come in ma mind
    1)Maharajan gave fake 'away' statements to a particular school girls when he was asked to keep a watch on the cock(which were well inside the courts)!!!
    Nan appadi ealam pannena???(read in a funny way) ;-)
    2)We had savoured every moment at the shuttle court. To my shock, it was renovated into a cycle stand when I last visited my school. How pathetic????
    Is it??? (In a shocking way :(:()

    ReplyDelete
  2. If u would have been in Our class it would have been the easy to cal u while bunkin class :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too remember the shuttle court Rams...Am proud to have a modest sport player as a frnd!!All these in which class??IT is a pity that the shuttle court has become a cycle stand now..Wish our school gave much more importance to sports..

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ramya ka

    Hehe how sweet... Had happy tears(the day I read this not now :D) William sisters stuff hahaha you know what I mean :P .. And yeah the court is gone!! :'(.. These days they only give importance to volley ball now :(

    @Maharajan

    You gave a false decision actually when you were the line umpire in Vikasa school match :P .. It was during my district match :P .. Finally they found that you were Sivanars student and made some other guy sit in that position.. I even remember the way you told those girls to leave the cock as it is out hahaha :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Pavi
    Volley ball ah? Athella oru game ah?
    It's our game which had Ace priority.

    @Maharajan
    Yeah Devi is a silent killer. Class A was always better than B!

    @Suds
    We can't blame the school, Suds...We practically have so less space for a ground.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello I am so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching on google for something else, Anyways I am here now and could just like to say thank for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining website. Please do keep up the great work. best medium flex badminton racket

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great article Lot's of information to Read...Great Man Keep Posting and update to People..Thanks best feather shuttlecock for indoor

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simple, yet poignant lyrics (II)

I've got a knack of discovering pleasant songs, excellent movies, endearing books very late in time, sometimes even after it's fad fades away. One such song is Perunthil nee enaku... The beauty of this song is that it relates to some very simple, unnoticed but pleasing moments in a our day to day life. The duet is of two people who sing about  what they mean to each other. There are some cute imperfections in Madhushri's tamil pronunciation but the male singer makes up for all that. Duh! Why do I even have to annotate the lyrics? It speaks for itself. ;) Perunthil nee enaku jannal oram Pin vasal mutrathil ne tulasi madam Vidumurai natkalil pallikoodam Vilayattu pillaigalin chella kobam Aalilla nalliravil ketkum padal Anbe anbe neeye (hmmm....) Payanathil varugira siru thookam Paruvathil mulaikira muthal koocham Paritchaiku padikira athikalai Kazhuthinil vizhundhidum mudhal maalai Pughaipadam edukkayil thinarum punnagai Anbe anbe neethane Adai

Quote Wonderment (I)

I'm totally sick of examinations and stuff. World's worst stressors are exams. I've always had this opinion right from my childhood. Hmmm... So to get a break I was running through my old memories and thoughts. One such is the admiration for this quote, "Sometimes people are beautiful. Not in looks. Not in what they say. Just in what they are." --Markus Zusak The quote itself is amazing. Reminds me of so many things. And note that Markus Zusak's wonderful book called 'The Book Thief' which was a good read. Laziness blocks me from writing more. ;)

2 States - Oh please, no!

I don't know why I chose to read '2 States' over 'The Subtle Knife'. My copy of 'Subtle Knife' is sleeping in the shelf. I wish I had finished it off instead of reading this one. M' Okay let me tell why this book was so insipid, [beware of spoilers hehe!] Possible reasons why I picked up this book: 1. Thought it would be a light-read. 2. It involved IIM A 3. Curiosity to know the speciality of Tamil girls 4. Heard it is a slapstick comedy [ which is not, in any way] Top reasons why I disliked it: 1. Cliched plot with stale scenes. [Ithellam nanga 'Poovellam Kettupar' la ye pathutomm, Chetan!!] 2. Making fun of South-Indians went overboard. [where Punjabis were never hurt in any dialogues, a very feeble mocking was clear] 3. Nothing less than a Bollywood drama, too filmy! 4. Totally predictable. 5. Ananya herself [there're are a multitude of reasons to hate her, which I won't enumerate here] 6. The feeling of reading his p